Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I Am in The Mood for Love - John Lee Hooker & bonnie Raitt Duet

When it comes to music, my tastes and preferences are without limits. I don’t believe that one genre of music is better than others and I don’t think that it takes a very intelligent person to spot good music.

Having said that, I do, however, believe that one genre of music is at the heart of almost all others. It is the genre of music whose melodies and compositions have been mixed, mingled, expanded and allowed to grow and evolve, giving birth to other forms of modern music and greatly influencing how music is composed and played. That genre is the blues. The blues has a very strange way of talking to my soul most eloquently, it makes me sway along with it, laugh, cry, clap my hands or even jump up high.

John Lee Hooker is a god amongst the gods of blues. One of his very memorable songs is the one titled “In the mood”, a song that will live for eternity.

The old music video posted here is of a duet performance with Bonnie Raitt. It is from back in the days when MTV was worth watching.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment