Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Morcheeba - Blood Like Lemonade


Morcheeba is a UK band made up of three talented members: 2 musically brilliant brothers and a vocalist who has an angelic voice straight out of Heaven.

I listened to many songs by Morcheeba in the past. Unfortunately, since moving back to the Middle East, I became pretty much cut off from the music and art scenes that I used to enjoy. Naturally, I was ecstatically overjoyed when I discovered their songs on YouTube here


Morcheeba creates music that is an elegantly refined downtempo blend infused with chillout, electronica, soul, and R&B elements and accompanied by blues and soul inspired lyrics and vocal style. The below video of their latest release, titled Blood Like Lemonade, will give you a feel of what I mean.

What makes this song so beautiful is the contrast between the dark lyrics and the smooth trippy music that flows most brilliantly.






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment