Sunday, November 22, 2009

Beware, Cats Use Subliminal Messages, Purr-fectly !!!!

Here is a piece of astonishing news from the BBC. It really confirmed something that I have always suspected and so have other cat owners.

Here it is: CATS EXPLOIT AND MANIPULATE HUMANS BY PURRING !!!


Blacky, my cat, always wakes me up in the morning around 5 or 6 A.M. He always purrs in a way that has some sort of embedded subliminal messages like “feed me...feeed me...feeeeeeeeeed me...… look at my cute eyes....heeeeaaaarr meee”, Very hypnotic, I tell ya.
He uses the same trick at night too. Like most, if not all, other cat owners, I always fall for it and Blacky gets his food instantly.


Well, it turned out that this particular purr is something that cats have developed purr-fectly for this very purpose: to lure and exploit innocent unsuspecting humans.

Dr. Karen McComb lead an intriguing research at the University of Sussex. It was found that cats use a “soliciting purr” to overpower their owners for food and attention. This soliciting purr contains a “cry” that has a similar frequency to a human baby; which is something we are very sensitive to and, thus, makes it very hard to ignore.

Listen to Dr. McComb explaining the soliciting purr below.




video
Dr. McComb's cat, Pepo, employs his secret weapon.
Source of video is here, from the University of Sussex webpage for Mammal Vocal Communication & Cognition Research Group.

Well, there you have it folks !

Read the full story at the BBC here.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment